Welcome, friend! Thanks for taking the time to visit our photo blog.

Being able to capture the emotion, essence and beauty transcending from a subject is something we find amazing.
We hope you'll enjoy the photos we've shared here, feedback and comments are very much welcome and appreciated. Thank you!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Burj Dubai Inauguration

The Burj - currently the world's tallest building (over 800 meters/160 floors high) and serves as an iconic symbol of Dubai's economic growth and stature, was finally inaugurated last night in conjunction with the fourth anniversary of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed’s accession as Ruler of Dubai. A grand spectacle of choreographed sound, light, water and fireworks display was the highlight of the event.

Together with some friends, I went to see the show and squeezed our way through the huge crowd that gathered. We secured a spot in close range, but sadly, that may not have been a good idea, it was a struggle to take good photos and videos while in the midst of a restless crowd who couldn't keep still because of anticipation and excitement. Good thing my hubby managed to take good photos from a strategic place near his office. The fireworks display was very good, but a lot of people felt that it was too short, we were clamoring for more and even waited a bit longer, hoping there would be a part 2  or something... lol ...

Anyways, enough with the ranting and on with the photo posting, here goes...(click to enlarge)


 
If you want to see my captured video, head over to my personal blog - Reflections.

This is our entry to My World Tuesday. Take a peek at other people's world, check out their cool site HERE.





16 comments:

  1. spectacular shots, the ones from the post below too.

    glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ewok1993: thanks, so happy to see you here again =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariz: That is a spectacular show. Dubai really knows how to accent the country. At one point I could see a Christmas tree in the display, nicely captured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful captures! We saw this on the news, but it's great to see your photos, and a little bit of history in the making. It's a stunning building - but I'm not sure I'd like to go to the top!
    Janice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful captures of the show...i have been following the building's progress. it's amazing.
    happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are indeed spectacular shots! Wow! How beautiful! All of them! Hope your new year is off to a great start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great shots!! looked like it was quite a show.

    leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched in amazement when this was shown on our TV news. Fantastic building and display. Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi guys,


    My name is ANTONIO MAGNO CARRANZA JR. I am the blogger behind www.pusangkalye.net
    My blog covers travel, events and photography but I categorized it in topblogs.ph
    as a photoblog as I see it as the center of my expression for blogging.

    I have been blogging since 2008 but I haven't started photography on dslr level
    until April last year. That makes me a newbie in both. What I have is the
    love for photography which compliments my blogging. I am
    sure most of you here are the same.

    I am a member of several facebook groups for bloggers like
    Pinoy Travel Bloggers and United-Bloggers and so I thought of creating a group
    exclusively for Philippine photobloggers. I hope that it could serve as a venue for
    us to share our ideas and skills in both blogging and photography.
    It doesn't matter if you own a tumblr or blogspot or wordpress account as
    long as you are a photoblogger.

    Compared to other categories in topblogs, our group is relatively small. Through this
    group I hope we could transcend boundaries and eventually encourage others to start
    their photoblog as well. It is my hope then that you join us.


    if you are interested, please find me in facebook and leave
    a simple message with your
    blog url so that I can include you.



    Looking forward to meeting you guys.

    salamat, salamat


    anton


    PS: ito yung link ng group.

    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_192087114147576

    and here's my fb link

    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=594103382

    kakagawa ko palang group so we are still gathering members.D:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pics they look real good. At one time i wanted to be a photographer but i found myself doing something else. But i love people who take these beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate it a lot. Have a great day =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Community Listings